Sep 22, 2012. All of HP Canada. » Contact HP. Buy online or Call. Business Desktop PCs. HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible. Available LAN Drivers. Microsoft® Windows® Vista®, Microsoft® Windows® XP, Microsoft®. Windows® 2000. External I/O ports. Rear: 6 USB 2.0, 1 serial port,. I'm having an issue with a HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC where it doesn't post or start an install of any windows Vista/7/8 apart from Windows XP. I've also tried to test it with Ubuntu but it crashes aswell. I've pin pointed the issue to be with the NVidia Quadro VS 440 card that's installed in.
• HP Compaq Business Desktop dc7800 Software Overview September 2007 Abstract....2 Definition of Terms...2 Operating System Support...3 Microsoft Windows XP...4 Microsoft Windows Vista...7 Microsoft Windows 2000...12 Microsoft Windows NT... 12 ROM BIOS Information... • (not preinstalled) on the hard drive. Product family – A set of form-factor types within a numerically defined series.
For example, the HP Compaq Business Desktop dc7800 Series consists of the HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower Business PC, HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor Business PC, and the HP Compaq dc7800 Ultra-slim Desktop Business PC. • Certified is defined as follows: 1) Hardware is provided to vendor for testing and certification, 2) all drivers are OS vendor dependant, no support provided by HP, and 3) certification is posted to vendor Web site. HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • Graphics Drivers - Windows XP 6. 184.108.40.206 nVidia LPG Graphics Drivers - Windows XP 61.88 nVidia NVS280 PCI Registry Patch 1.01 Input Drivers Modular Access Keyboard Software HP USB Smartcard Keyboard Adapter 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper.
• 1.00 1.00 Q889673 DEP enabled XP2 system may fail resuming 1.00 1.00 from sleep Q895246 – Fix for DhcpRequestParams function broken 1.00 1.00 on SP2 Q9909095 - System occasionally does not hibernate 1.00 1.00 HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • Dantz Retrospect 7.0.272 Intervideo WinDVD Software 22.214.171.1246 Roxio DigitalMedia Plus 7.2.1 7.2.1 7.2 A Web Delivered Applications HP Client Manager Software hp.com/go/easy deploy hp.com/go/easy hp.com/go/easy deploy deploy System Software Manager (SSM) hp.com/go/ssm hp.com/go/ssm hp.com/go/ssm HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • Altiris Deployment Solution Agent - Preload 6.8.282 6.8.282 Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools Drive Encryption for ProtectTools 1.00 1.00 HP BIOS Configuration for ProtectTools 3.00 3.00 HP ProtectTools Security Manager 2.00, D,2 2.00, D,2 HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper.
• Program On Vista 1.00 Q931213_X32 Vulnerability In Windows Vista Could allow Information Disclosure 1.00 Q931573_X32 Vista Activation Required On SLP2 on Microsoft Windows Vista 1.00 Q931621_X32 Update To Enable Access To External Storage 1.00 HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • 1.00 Q931213_X64 Vulnerability In Windows Vista Could allow Information Disclosure 1.00 Q931573_X64 Vista Activation Required On SLP2 on Microsoft Windows Vista 1.00 Q931621_X64 Update To Enable Access To External Storage Cards On Vista 1.00 HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • Microsoft Windows XP SP2 System occasionally does not hibernate (Q909095) SP33681 Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) SP32395 Microsoft Windows XP Vulnerability in HTML Help (Q896358) SP33077 NVIDIA Graphics Driver SP36630 6. HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • SP32339 Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools SP34792 Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools SP34793 Business Desktops BIOS Utilities SP36777 HP Compaq Business Desktop System BIOS (786F1 BIOS) SP36728 1.04 HP Insight Diagnostics Offline Edition SP36472 7.9.0 HP System Software Manager.
• ATI Graphics Driver for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP SP34267 8.261.4 Business Desktops BIOS Utilities SP36777 Desktops Chinese Quad Byte Support SP32339 HP Compaq Business Desktop System BIOS (786F1 BIOS) SP36728 1.04 HP Insight Diagnostics Offline Edition SP36472 7.9.0 HP System Software Manager. • Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) - Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) represents a significant innovation in power and configuration management, allowing operating systems and applications to manage power based on activity and usage. HP Compaq dc7800 models use ACPI to provide power conservation features under Windows XP and Windows 2000. • Restore Plus! HP Restore Plus!
CDs are provided with each HP Compaq desktop system as ISO files located in a recovery partition on the HDD. The ISO files can be accessed with HP Backup & Recovery Manager to burn to CD or to be moved to another safe location for later burning. • Audio The dc7800 implements the UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) with an ADI 1884 High Definition audio CODEC. The ADI drivers include a control panel for controlling features of the audio subsystem. ADI's control panel HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • • manageability features that are preinstalled on select models. HP ProtectTools Embedded Security - Provides instructions for using the software that allows • you to configure settings for the HP ProtectTools Embedded Security chip.
HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • General Software Image Contents HP Compaq Business Desktops come standard with a factory-installed software image. The image consists of a number of separate software components including the operating system (such as Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition), drivers for the specific hardware devices included with your system (such as graphics, network interface cards, modems, etc.), and a small number of additional applications. • Windows XP Unbundle Processing Tweaks • Windows XP 2000 OS Tweaks • CDC Flag Check Utility • Extend MSC • SDV ghost load high flag • System corruption checker • Set Video Refresh rate • HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper.
• Examining the INFO.BOM file (OS-independent) The preinstalled image on an HP Compaq Business Desktop contains a file called INFO.BOM located in the c: system.sav folder (hidden folder) on the hard drive. This plain text file contains a list of preinstalled software. The following shows a sample INFO.BOM file.
• From Software Setup, you can select the programs you want to install. The Software Setup application will launch the setup program for any of the components selected. HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • Figure 1 - Access to HP Software Setup Figure 2 – HP Software Setup Welcome Screen HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • DVD-ROM, or SuperMulti DVD drives. Roxio DigitalMedia Plus/Easy Media Creator – Roxio’s 'all-in-one' suite of applications that • allows you to burn data, video, audio, create labels and play DVDs all from one application. HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper.
• Q: What is the difference between preloaded and preinstalled software? A: Preinstalled software refers to drivers, hardware enabling utilities, and applications that are ready to use as soon as your system has completed setup after initial power-on (unbundling). Preloaded software refers to applications HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper. • A: HP has made installation of preloaded software easy by including a Software Setup application. Simply launch Setup Software by clicking Start > Programs > Software Setup, select the desired applications, and follow the easy-to-use menus. HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper.
• HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Microsoft, Windows, and Windows NT are U.S. Registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. 491493-001, 09/2007 HP Compaq dc7800 Software Overview Whitepaper.